Sedgley Beacon Tower

 


Welcome to Ancient Manor of Sedgley Website

This site has been designed to give Genealogists and local Historians an insight into the Staffordshire village of Sedgley,
its parish and the surrounding hamlets and to the life and times of the people who lived there. The parish consists of nine hamlets:
Sedgley, Coseley, Upper & Lower Gornal, Gospel End, Woodsetton, Cotwall End, Ettingshall and Brierley
(now called Bradley)
In pre-Norman times the manor of Sedgley (Google Map Location) formed part of the Anglo-Saxon Kingdom of Mercia in the Hundred of Seisdon,
it later became part of the County of Staffordshire, in the area known as the Black Country, today is on the western edge of the West Midlands conurbation.

Bull Ring c.1900

Sedgley Bullring
c1900

Quick Links

* Black Country Dialect Dictionary

* Diseases and Medical Terms for Genealogists

* Sedgley Ancestral Photographs

* Sedgley Surname Researches
(what other people are researching in Sedgley)


* Local Churches & Chapels

* Website Copyright Information

Kent Street, Upper Gornal

Kent Street
Upper Gornal

special thanks to Mr.Trevor Genge and the Sutton Publishing Company
for permission to use material from their excellent publications on this site.

Site first created: 29 January 1999 ~ Last updated: 18 Mar 2012

 
  © Copyright 1999-2012 Sedgley Manor Productions, Western Australia. All Rights Reserved.