After his departure, the company moved to new premises in Valley Road, Sedgley. Their first standard road machine appeared in 1947. By 1950 production was increased and several new models were launched.
|In 1954 the 'Dolomite' was introduced. It was powered by a 250c.c. French A.M.C. engine, had a top speed of 72m.p.h. (115 k.p.h.) and sold for £240. The 'Hornet' was also launched at around the same time. It had a 125c.c. A.M.C. engine, and sold for £362.10s.0d.|
|The 'Bambi' scooter was introduced in 1957. It had a 98c.c. Villiers engine, a 2 speed gearbox, a top speed of 35m.p.h. (75k.p.h)and cost £110.8s.0d.|
|1962 saw the release of the 'Deemster' which had a 349c.c. Villiers engine (manufactured in nearby Wolverhampton). This was an attempt to combine the good points of both motorcycles and motorscooters. The result was too big and heavy to appeal to scooter riders and too strange to appeal to the traditional motorcyclist. It did. however find a niche market with the several police forces.|
|Introduced in 1954, the "Cortina" named after the Italian resort in the Dolomite mountains. It was powered by the new 225cc Villiers H engine and had a P-type frame, made from square section tubing. It had pressed steel panels with internal compartments for the battery and toolkit. The panels continued towards the rear to form a mudguard for the rear wheel|
A little while later the company purchased 'Ambassador Motor Cycles'. In 1966 they launched the 'Typhoon' 500c.c. road racing machine.
Harold Nock retired in 1971 and the company stopped producing motorcycles to concentrate on the precision engineering side of their business.
|Search the whole Sedgley site|